I just started my baby with puree. However as im a working mom, i do not have time to prepare fresh puree fast as my LO is in ifc and reached home will play short while then sleep. So i need to give her puree immediately when i reach home. Can puree be pre-prep and store in fridge and is it advisable to do so? (Lost nutrients etc?)

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, u can definitely prepare puree the night b4 and freeze . But jus to share .. I'm also a working mom and baby goes to ifc.. I insisted on preparing puree fresh .. Jus my own personal preference .. What I do is , I bought the Avent 4-in-1 steamer and blender . It is really useful for preparing puree. You jus need to cut and wash the veggie or fruit puree that u wanna serve for that evening , then throw inside the Avent steamer/blender to steam for 15-20 mins (depending on what food, they include a useful booklet which will tell you which food steam for how long) . You jus set the time and it will beep and auto switch off once steaming is done and you can turn it over and blend to the consistency u want and voila! You have fresh and warm puree ready to give to your LO :) I find it really convenient :)

Read more