I recently went on a baby play date. To my Horror, all the mums came with their helpers.. They left the babies with helpers and started having a chit chat session over food n drink :) So who was really having the play date?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Were the babies playing and having fun as well? I think having play dates also allow mummies to have some time to interact and share with one another. It may be the only chance where they get to chat with someone else other than their spouses/relatives/helper. Personally, I would think that they are also keeping an eye out for their children while taking the chance to chat with others. Play dates offer opportunities for both the caregivers and the children to have fun. :)

Read more

That sounds about right... I've been on some playdates with my friends and their kids. While the kids play, the moms unwind and start talking (exchanging war stories, ranting and just chilling) which is perfectly okay because they are still attentive to their kids. When the kids need help or start getting fussy, they tend to the wee ones. Both mommies and kiddies benefit from play dates :)

Read more
VIP Member

Normal. Maybe u might have a lot of adult companionship in your life, but for most mums, their baby play dates are their only opportunity to interact with other mums. At my babies recent play date, we mummies took turn to take care of all our babies while the other mums "relaxed" with each other. :)

I don't think there is anything wrong if the babies are playing among themselves and mummies taking a short break. As long as the babies are still within their sight is ok