What do I do if I produce milk since I have lost my baby?

I lost my baby boy a few days ago. He was 6 months old. His heart has stopped. I am now feeling like I am going to produce milk. My boobs hurt and feels heavy. What should I do? How could i get it out? And what should I do with it? Could it be donated to orphanages? Is it still good milk? #miscarriage #milkproduction

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I'm so sorry for your loss, mommy. You may want to talk to your pedia po if they know any organization that accepts breast milk donations. I'm sure there are lots of babies out there, especially premature ones who would greatly benefit and appreciate your help. You can pump your milk using a breast pump if you like. Warm towels, massages, and hot showers can help if you ever experience clogged ducts. Pump regularly to avoid clogging your milk ducts and if you're planning to do it for a long time. Otherwise, you can slowly space out the pumping (ex. 2hrs--> 3 or 4 hrs, etc) to slow down your milk production. Don't stop cold turkey to avoid pain/risks of getting mastitis. I wish you healing, mommy. πŸ₯ΊπŸ€—

Magbasa pa

Hi, mommy. My deepest sympathy on your loss. It is quite admirable of you to even consider donating your breastmilk in this time of grieving. You may express your milk by using a breast pump and finding orphanages or even hospitals that accept breastmilk donations. Fortunately, we also have other platforms to seek those who are in need of your precious milk. I hope you'll find whst works for you. Sending you virtual hugs! ❀

Magbasa pa

pump po kayo mommy at e donate. nung nawala dn po baby ko, 2hrs after birth.. ngka milk prn ako after 3 days at andami, due to limited resources i was not able to donate milk... ng hot compress lng po ako , 1 mo pa sya bgo nawala.

VIP Member

condolence po mamsh pump nyo po donate nyo nalang hehehe