Choice of milk formula for mummy

I am in my 11 weeks and 3rd day..I have started to take a certain brand of milk formula. I am experiencing bloatness and slight diarrhoea. Does it means that the milk formula is not suitable for me?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Are you experiencing the bloat and diarrhoea after starting the formula, or has this been recurrent since the start of pregnancy? There are many things experienced by women in the first trimester, and feeling bloated is one of the possible options. If it commenced after you started the formula, the bloat could be due to you taking the milk on an empty tummy, with the bloat arising from stomach acids reacting with the calcium. The diarrhoea could be a sign of lactose intolerance in this instance, which us asians are expected to have intolerance to lactose owing to our genetic makeup. If it indeed is the case, you can try to consume the milk as a drink after a meal, when your stomach is more layered with food to slow down the gas evolution. For the case of diarrhoea, you can switch to a low lactose formula, a lactose-free formula, or even simply cut down on the amount you drink per sitting.

Read more