I have just found out I am pregnant and have to visit a gynaecologist. Somehow I am very embarrassed. What should I do?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi renu, i am so aware of what you are feeling, because i have the same problem, even now that i am a mom of 2! yes, the doctor will have to do a physical examination and go down there, but trust me, it will be done in a very caring and gentle manner. do not think too much about this, as it is a very regular thing for your doctor, and all he or she will be concerned about is to make sure you are well and the baby is growing well. take care,

Read more

Hey Renu I so understand your point here. I have had 2 kids and let me tell you, i never got comfortable with the gynae visits and have always felt very embarrassed and uncomfortable. but unfortunately, it is something we have to do to make sure our and our baby's health is fine. whenever you go to the gynae, think that you are doing it for the baby, and that checking you is a routine job for the doc, so don't worry :)

Read more

If possible, go to a female gynae to ease some of the discomfort and embarrassment. also, one trick that works for me even now is that i talk to the gynae about what is going on with my health, and i focus on a point on the wall and keep staring there, instead of looking at the doc or anywhere else. try it out.

Read more

Well..if you are a first-time mother there is some amount of embarrassment but trust me the doctor will make you feel comfortable. Visit the doctor and then things will fall in place. On a lighter note, from pregnancy onwards all the "sharm" goes down the drain! Congrats and enjoy!

This shud never happen between a doc and patient..whatever the matter is