latching problem

I have been trying to latch my baby since 2M. From NB to 2M it was only bottle no latch at all. Because I got inverted nipple, baby refuse to latch well because it's not deep like bottle teat. Any mum with inverted nipple manage to successfully latch from EP to DL? How do you do it? I tried to latch earlier before baby feeding time but as soon as I cradle baby, she already started crying. What can I do? *please no LC LC consultation* tried alot of times for LC LC support all no use

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

have u tried nipple shield or soothie style pacifiers? my lo was the same, will scream bloody murder if i tried to latch her, i introduced soothie style pacifiers and somehow that helped her understand how to latch? i usually will massage my nipple area first or express a little milk out before trying to latch her. i also tried laid back nursing & let her wiggle to my boob, that was the first time she latched. she’s now 1.5m

Read more
4y ago

also, ultimately just take it slow. don’t stress or fret, i know it can be frustrating but just keep calm, hopefully in time your lo will learn how to latch, if not just keep pumping. it’s still breastmilk! you’re doing a good job

Super Mum

When i was trying to transition to fully breastfeeding from mix feeding of fm and bm, i gave baby half her feed in the bottle first and finish off at the boob. That way baby remembers how to latch and eventually when my supply was up (mine was more of supply issue), i managed to breastfeed her exclusively by latching - when she was around 2.5mths

Read more
4y ago

We didn't have problem with that

VIP Member

My bb was premie so a little weak to latch when born. Only bottle for first mth. She gets angry when I latch her after that as I have short nipples. Eventually I got to bluff her to latch and she did so only when half asleep. After a few times, my nipple protrudes and she prefers latching over bottles. She is still latching at 21mo now.

Read more
4y ago

Could you walk through how you bluff her? My baby also screamed n cry at my nipple

Our ground-breaking EB curing adhesives and resins overcome traditional limits, such as curing time, open operating length, and bonding strength. https://www.uvadhesiveglue.com/

TapFluencer

Hi mummy have you tried using the tools to help you with bf for inverted nipple?

4y ago

Hello! I did that too but then even so baby finds it hard to suck so she gets frustrated because the nipple cannot reach the back of her mouth. Then with nipple shield it Is too slow. Do you have any other suggestions?

VIP Member

its get better.

4y ago

Can you suggest methods to let baby latch? Now when baby is at boobs she will cry n cry.