shhhh..

I have been shhh-ing everyone in the house( as I'm living with my in laws) till my mil totally ignores my requests on lowering her volume. They don't have the habit of talking softly and has woken the baby up on numerous occasions. Do you find yourself doing that too? Sometimes I get too stressed up with trying to ask them to lower their volume as LO's sleep gets interrupted.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Like yourself, I started shhh-ing everyone in the house - I also stay with my in-laws. Sometimes I get my husband to remind his parents too, but they still continue to drag chairs, bang doors, when the baby sleeping. Also lost count the number of times baby woken up by the noise and I just want to yell blardy murder at the culprit! But they just do not care... Maybe since they not the ones who need to put the baby to bed... I agree with some of the others here: in the end, I learn to let baby sleep with noise (the neighbors started renovation works), it's probably the best for your own sanity too.

Read more
TapFluencer

Yes those who don't take care of make baby sleep won't understand. I think my mil never take care any of her kids before that's why they don't understand the difficulties in making baby sleep. What i did was one fine day their tv and closing door sound woke her up and i just throw to them and say I'm tired not feeling well ask them take over. So my baby torture them till 1am no choice i got to be heartless abit here. From then onwards they dare not wake baby up again

Read more

That’s what I have been doing to my family till my sis get so annoyed. Thinking it’s no big deal if the baby is awake. But they never understand when the baby is awake she get so cranky and the one to suffer will be us.

i train my baby to sleep with noise. example talking beside him when he is sleeping. Now he is 2yo, he got no prob sleeping when we are outside and we dont have to rush back hm or find a quiet place for him to sleep.

Super Mum

I can’t get my 4yo to remain quiet all the time.. that’s just impossible 😅 So we close the baby’s room door and turn on white noise.. so baby’s fine:)

My husband will tell them to lower the sound.. Actually I don’t mind to let my bb to sleep in noise but just she just keep on wake up after heard the noise

People won’t uds the pain unless they are the ones putting/rocking/patting the baby to sleep for hours. Maybe you can consider a white noise machine?

My baby sleeps better with noise. She tend to wake up more if it's too quiet. Maybe let your baby sleep with noise to let her get use to it.

VIP Member

Train your baby to sleep with noise...put on some soft music...this will also prevent baby from always getting startled

I was like this too but honestly I kinda regret it. I would prefer my child to be able to sleep even under noise.