Trying to get pregnant

I have been off BCP for 2 months and tried to conceive through natural conception. Last month I gotten my menses so we tried again this month and today is supposed to be the start of my period. I tested this morning and it shows as negative and I am feeling defeated. I have regular menses that is always on time and am still trying to learn to get a positive result. I ordered ovulation test strips to better my chances. I am curious how long it took for you to conceive your first child and did you go through all the recommended steps like taking ovulation tests and keep track of your BPO etc. I could use any advice! I guess I just need some encouragement and support at this point. Thanks all in advance! #advicepls #firstbaby #pregnancy #pleasehelp #tryingtoconceive #ovulation #negativetest

Trying to get pregnant
19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Personally, my cycles weren’t regular, especially after the covid vaccines. I realised the Apple Health app wasn’t accurate with the ovulation dates prediction after a few months. I just count 14 days from day 1 of menses. Also, I noticed I’ve pain during my ovulation. We have sex on alternative days - day 12, day 14 and day 16. Succeeded after 2 months of doing this. Understand ovulation day differs based on cycle length. But strangely. The 14 days count worked for me even tho my cycle is usually more than 30 days. Good luck !

Read more