Is it stupid to divorce your husband because of your mil

I have been having issues with mil ever since I gave birth. The situation has not changed and my baby is 15 months. I just don’t feel my husband is supportive. My mil keeps telling everyone that she cares about me and wants to help. But if she wants to help, why would she say things like I walk away, baby smiles… then complain my maternity is 6 months so baby sticks to me. Also, once she has hold of baby, if baby finds me she will not pass him back. She acts victim and cries in front of the family saying don’t know why I don’t like her… I am so stressed by the whole situation. And anything to do with baby, she will say me. If baby has tummy pain, she will ask me what I eat cause I am breastfeeding. Baby don’t want to eat she will ask me what I cook… I feel like she is blaming me for everything. Baby makes a bit of noise she will ask me to pass to her.., I feel like I am such a lousy mum or what..: I am literally having depression.#advicepls #firsttimemom #firstbaby #helps

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Whtever ur gg through trust me 1 out of 10 of us is gg through,but whtever the situation is , is ur baby n NO ONE gets to give any condition unless they hve a share of the pain u go through during labor, tbh u sound like ur the clingy mummy and u feel like ur mil is dictating everything, it is fine for u to be clingy but when u really think abt it , this could be avoided . Set REASONABLE boundaries, in a sense where it is fair for everyone, the baby , u and the in laws , certain u learn to let go certain things u stand ur ground , trust i do knw wht ur feeling cause we same species. But yes stand ur ground ant ur husband , talk to him he is stil the father of ur child if he doesn’t exist u wont hve ur the same bundle of joy , part of the baby is apart of ur husband so give him tht but he needs to be able to knw hw to balance the situation. Ur the mother u shld be respected when it comes to ur baby’s wellbeing

Read more