Is it stupid to divorce your husband because of your mil

I have been having issues with mil ever since I gave birth. The situation has not changed and my baby is 15 months. I just don’t feel my husband is supportive. My mil keeps telling everyone that she cares about me and wants to help. But if she wants to help, why would she say things like I walk away, baby smiles… then complain my maternity is 6 months so baby sticks to me. Also, once she has hold of baby, if baby finds me she will not pass him back. She acts victim and cries in front of the family saying don’t know why I don’t like her… I am so stressed by the whole situation. And anything to do with baby, she will say me. If baby has tummy pain, she will ask me what I eat cause I am breastfeeding. Baby don’t want to eat she will ask me what I cook… I feel like she is blaming me for everything. Baby makes a bit of noise she will ask me to pass to her.., I feel like I am such a lousy mum or what..: I am literally having depression.#advicepls #firsttimemom #firstbaby #helps

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hugs** I was in a similar situation but slightly better as I managed to move into my own house during my pregnancy so no longer staying with her. my husband thinks his mum is always right and follow her and blame me for everything. As I also breastfeed like you. everything from why baby no poo, crying, don't want drink from milk bottle, why so thin, how I know if baby is drinking enough. I prefer latching but they forced me to pump. luckily I am one of those few who cannot pump (the milk just can't come out and I got super bad engorgement) so I can only continue to latch. it comes to my breaking point and I insisted to move to my mother place. where I finally smile and relax since I gave birth. my milk supply increase soo soo much. after ML I have no choice and went back to my own house and suffer again... then during one of the docvl follow up appointment (KKH) I suddenly voiced out that I suspect I have depression in front of my husband and seek help. I think it's at this point that shock my husband. during the consulting session, my husband will go in with me and we thrash things out (plus me crying). FYI I didn't have depression. it's more of communication breakdown with my husband. things get better after the many sessions (till they 'discharge' me).

Read more