Is it stupid to divorce your husband because of your mil

I have been having issues with mil ever since I gave birth. The situation has not changed and my baby is 15 months. I just don’t feel my husband is supportive. My mil keeps telling everyone that she cares about me and wants to help. But if she wants to help, why would she say things like I walk away, baby smiles… then complain my maternity is 6 months so baby sticks to me. Also, once she has hold of baby, if baby finds me she will not pass him back. She acts victim and cries in front of the family saying don’t know why I don’t like her… I am so stressed by the whole situation. And anything to do with baby, she will say me. If baby has tummy pain, she will ask me what I eat cause I am breastfeeding. Baby don’t want to eat she will ask me what I cook… I feel like she is blaming me for everything. Baby makes a bit of noise she will ask me to pass to her.., I feel like I am such a lousy mum or what..: I am literally having depression.#advicepls #firsttimemom #firstbaby #helps

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sounds like you need an independent man, as your hubby is still a mummy boy, if both of you move out and live alone it’s problem solved. But your hubby can’t bear to leave his mum or dad either because of financial reasons or just still an immature guy. This is the real reason and not because of any MIL antics. If he don’t step up to protect the family then he’ll just pull a fast one in one way or another. Then it’s your choice to make, either bear with him or let him go. Remember it’s the spouse and not other people.

Read more