Is it stupid to divorce your husband because of your mil

I have been having issues with mil ever since I gave birth. The situation has not changed and my baby is 15 months. I just don’t feel my husband is supportive. My mil keeps telling everyone that she cares about me and wants to help. But if she wants to help, why would she say things like I walk away, baby smiles… then complain my maternity is 6 months so baby sticks to me. Also, once she has hold of baby, if baby finds me she will not pass him back. She acts victim and cries in front of the family saying don’t know why I don’t like her… I am so stressed by the whole situation. And anything to do with baby, she will say me. If baby has tummy pain, she will ask me what I eat cause I am breastfeeding. Baby don’t want to eat she will ask me what I cook… I feel like she is blaming me for everything. Baby makes a bit of noise she will ask me to pass to her.., I feel like I am such a lousy mum or what..: I am literally having depression.#advicepls #firsttimemom #firstbaby #helps

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you have your own flat, just cut her off till you feel better. Voice out to your husband and let him know you’re very very unhappy about this situation and make him do something. Let him know if he’s not gonna do anything about his mother, you won’t be able to continue the relationship for the sake of your sanity. For your mil, if you cannot ignore her, be more drama than her. Sure, no one will probably bother you, but pretty sure she knows how stupid she looks when she play victim. Don’t know why you don’t like her? Just tell her Yes, I don’t like you. So? Are you done crying? Can we move on? Do the same thing to her, blame her back. Pass to her then when baby cry, ask her what she do to her? Why wanna bully such a small baby. Let her have a taste of her own medicine. Some folks just thinks that you’re some paper cat if you don’t retaliate. If you cannot depend on your only husband, you’ll have to do it yourself. Back yourself up, voice out. Anyways worse comes to worse, if she can’t understand your POV then don’t talk lo.

Read more