Wk 6 Dating Scan

I had my wk 6 dating scan ystd. Was told that the placement and shape is good. However, baby is looking like wk 4 or wk 5 size. 😭 is there any way for me to help increase the growth rate? Will it end up in a miscarriage? #1stimemom #advicepls #pleasehelp #DatingScan

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are several dating sites that I use all the time. Each of them has its own characteristics. You should carefully search for dating where you will have the most options for suitable companions. Personally, I like using https://dating999.com/ to find new relationships. I'm not so young anymore and I don't want meaningless romances and I'm looking for a permanent relationship.

Read more

Me too, I just went KK hospital due to slight spotting. According to LMP, it’s supposed to be week 6 but doctor said it’s only around 4 weeks. She could see the yolk sac but no baby yet. But she also shared that sometimes baby will come Out on scan in few days. So praying that everything will turn out well. All the best to you too!

Read more
2y ago

Mine could only see the yolk too. The next scan on the following week, could see the baby and the heartbeat. 😍 Hope all goes well for you!

I experienced the same too. Supposed to be going 7 weeks but gynae said it was just week 5+. But everything went well. Gave birth to a healthy boy, normal height & weight. Its probably just ovulation / conception took place later than expected. Don’t worry too much abt the size for now😊

2y ago

thank you for the reassurance.. really hope this goes well too.. me and hubby has been trying for some time and we really hope all will go well for us.

May I know whether u have regular menses? it's normal that the size is a bit smaller or bigger as the ovulation and conception time also affect the EDD, just stick with the EDD that they gave u and don't be too stress! the 12week scan will be more accurate

2y ago

I have a regular 30 days cycle. My 1st blood test, hcg was low too. Thankfully the 2nd blood test hcg increased more than double.. just hope the scan next week will be fine. Can't help but worry :(

You're probably about 4-5 wks according to the ultrasound which is more accurate than LMP. At that week, hard to see any sign of a baby cos too tiny. Take your folic acid daily ok! Very important for your growing baby. Take care!

2y ago

will do. thank you!

VIP Member

There’s no signs of baby yet at wk 6 technically. All you can see is the Gestational sac, yolk & fetal pole. Don’t worry too much, just enjoy your pregnancy till a fetus develops. Meantime, eat well! 🙂

2y ago

*hugs*

I have a similar situation. First scan today based on LMP I'm suppose to be in wk 6 but now doc say its smaller than that. what's your gestational sac measurement? how everything back to normal for u now?

2y ago

the following week, size is of wk 6 and sac has doubled. doc say everything is well and that the calculations might be wrong. Hope all will be well for you too! :)

Hi I am the same as you. is there any heartbeat?

2y ago

not yet.. how about yours?