Normal birth or c-sect?

I had my first csect 3 years ago. Now im confused whether i should go for another csect or just normal birth on this September. Because im abit worry if the previous csect scar would rupture or tear. Help!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Me too. I had an emergency c-sect in Oct 2020 and I really want a VBAC. I am aware of the risks but I still want to experience vaginal delivery. I want to experience how other mothers go through when giving birth especially during Rasulullah’s era. Narrated `Aisha: (the wife of the Prophet) Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "No calamity befalls a Muslim but that Allah expiates some of his sins because of it, even though it were the prick he receives from a thorn." I will go with an open mind if it’s time to give birth before my EDD. Cause my gynae told me if I haven’t given birth, I’ll have to go for elective c-sect on 10 Aug, which is also my EDD. Hope you go with the best choice for yourself and have a smooth delivery! 💙

Read more

My csect was 5 years ago and I am aiming for VBac. InsyaAllah. Actually, if you look it up, the chances of rupture are really low and does not mean another csect wouldn't have its own complications. Doctor will always monitor you. My doctor also already book for my elective c-sect 2 days after my edd just in case. I also have other motivations to aim for Vbac like healing faster and movabilty as I am a SAHM who walks to send daughter to school. Cost wise, it is also cheaper too.

Read more