Gestational diabetes

I just got a call from KKH. I am having GD. This is my 4th pregnancy and I never had GD before.Im at my 26 week now. I'm lost and I don't know what to eat right now. I'll be meeting the nurse and dietician only next week. The nurse over the phone told me food that I should avoid for now, but my mind is totally blank. I feel so depressed with the news . #advicepls

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Was in your shoes.. Am currently 29wks3days along. Just make sure you cut down on anything sugary incl Milo , fried food, fast food. Others are fine, take your carbs in moderation.. & most importantly go for a 30mins walk after every meal. Snacks between meals, for example biscuits or hv a cup of Low fat milk. The main culprit in my diet was my pregnancy milk. I stopped taking it & replaced it with unsweetened soy or Low fat milk instead. Hope this helps!!

Read more
2y ago

Similac mum. We can only go for Low fat & unsweetened soy drinks.. be careful with those juices, 3-in-1 Milo, coffee & teas as they are all sugar added. Mine was borderline, failed by 0.2 but a narrow fail is still a fail.