Wean breastfeeding

I will go back to work after 3 months, how do I wean my baby from breast feeding, but not completely

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Congratulations on your decision to go back to work! Weaning your baby from breastfeeding, but not completely, can be a gradual and gentle process. Here are some tips that have worked for me and other moms: 1. Introduce bottle or cup feedings: Start offering your baby expressed breast milk in a bottle or cup during the times you would normally breastfeed. This can help your baby get used to a different feeding method. 2. Adjust feeding schedule: Gradually reduce the number of breastfeeding sessions and replace them with bottle or cup feedings. You can start by dropping one feeding session at a time and slowly increasing the intervals between feedings. 3. Comfort and cuddle: Since breastfeeding is not just about nutrition but also about comfort and bonding, make sure to cuddle and comfort your baby during the times you used to breastfeed. Skin-to-skin contact or babywearing can help maintain that closeness. 4. Be patient and flexible: Every baby is different, so be patient and flexible with the weaning process. Some babies may transition smoothly, while others may take more time. It's important to follow your baby's cues and not rush the process. 5. Seek support: Weaning can be an emotional time for both you and your baby. Reach out to other moms, join support groups, or talk to a lactation consultant if you need guidance or reassurance. Remember, weaning is a personal decision, and it's okay to take it at your own pace. Trust your instincts and enjoy this new phase of your baby's development. Good luck! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-5232653)

Drag the number of hours in between feeds. I am currently expressing milk 4 times a day. Will move to 3 times per day in the 3rd mth. When back to work, will try 2 times per day.