Am i a bad mom?

I am a first time mom and my baby is just 3 weeks old. I feel exhausted, clueless and lost sometimes. My baby cries alot, always want to be held and i get frustrated at myself for not able to console him. Everything seems to be so challenging and i am overwhelmed. My husband and i gets into arguments almost every other day due to the stress and tiredness from being new parents. There is no intimacy anymore. We only have each other because our family lives in another country. I feel lonely and alone on some days. We do not have any help and im also stress about my low supply of breastmilk. Waking up every 3 hours, and yield only less than 50ml each time makes me feel useless. Sometimes i cant even wake up every 3 hours because when baby sleeps, that is the only 1-2hours i can have naps. I feel bad not giving my baby much, 6 times out of 8 i will give him formula. I feel like a bad mom. #pleasehelp #advicepls #1stimemom #firstbaby #firstmom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I totally can relate to how you feel, when I gave birth to my firstborn I felt the same as you. no one is born a mother, we all are learning eversince the birth of our child. There's no right or wrong whether baby is fed breastmilk or formula, the priority should be baby is well fed and growing well. :) don't be too harsh on yourself, a happy mom is a happy baby! 🙂 Keep your mind positive as much as possible, celebrate small wins (e.g. yielding < 50ml is better than nothing! I have friends who only yield a few drops of bm.). Try to tackle 1 issue at a time, if low supply is bothering you, try to find out what food/ supplements can help to boost your supply. Having plenty of rest and water intakes help. if having intimacy is a challenge, talk to your husband and also hear him out. Be patient and support each other. A simple hug, words of encouragement or a pat on shoulder can works wonder in lifting a person's spirit up. Always remember, you are not alone in this journey and this too shall pass. 💪🏼💪🏼

Read more