I fear that I will not be able to bond with with my baby as I imagined. What should I do about this fear?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't pay too much attention to such fears. If you're in your third trimester, you should be focusing on staying active, eating well and planning for the days right after the baby is born. It usually is a shocker but moms take some time to bond with the new one. There are so many things to take care of -- breastfeeding round the clock, healing from childbirth, taking care of a wailing baby, household chores and dealing with crazy hormones on top of it. Bonding gets even more difficult when there are grandparents around since they also want to spend time with the baby. Personally, it took me a few months to bond with my baby. Once she started becoming more interactive and indicated signs that she recognizes me and gets happy when I'm in the room -- that's when I felt 'oh, I'm the mom here!' Take it easy, take one day at a time. It's impossible that you won't feel love for the one you're taking care of day in and day out. Hang in there!

Read more