Enrollment

Will i enroll my kids to school this coming school year or not? Because of the pandemic and looks like things are not going well, i am half hearted in this. Should I or should i not?

Enrollment
1 Reply
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Hi. Teacher's opinion here. :) In general, I am against the opening of schools unless there's an available vaccine. Lives are more important and besides, there's no mass testing yet so it will only take one infected teacher or student to get the whole school sick. Even if there's some safety precautions to be followed, what if someone is asymptomatic? We'll never know. Safety first. If your kids are still young (in elementary level), I think it's best to homeschool them. Lessons can easily be taught since basics pa lang naman ang inaaral sa elementary. :) If in high school level, you can hire an online tutor (if you have a budget) or you can look for tutorials online. There's a lot of available resources in the internet naman. If walang internet, books are your friends. If wala ring books, as far as I know, if your kids will be enrolled there will be modules na idedeliver via LBC. I'm still unsure of that kasi I'm not teaching naman this school year kasi I'm giving birth soon, but there's a way for sure. :) It's actually up to you if you'll enroll your kids or not but that's my perspective as an educator.

Magbasa pa
4y ago

Thanks. im looking into some homeschools now. :) I am for their safety. But I am not at peace with the idea that they will be idle for 1 school year. I guess homeschooling is the way to go. After all, change is inevitable. Thanks again. :)