I don't want to buy any synthetic teethers/soothers. Any suggestions on homemade/natural teether or soother?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are natural remedies for easing baby's teething pain. One of them is teething necklaces. Myself and some friends used it when baby is teething and can see the good results. http://sg.theasianparent.com/baltic-teething-remedy-amber-teething-necklace/ There are two types of teething necklaces: Amber Teething necklace and Hazelwood Teething. The main difference between the two is the type of materials used. The one I used was Amber Teething necklace which has anti-inflammatory and therapeutic properties. If you feel uncomfortable to let baby to wear the necklace on neck (choking hazard), you can wear it on other place as long as directly on the baby's skin e.g. ankle. In addition, you can do baby massage for teething. Example of teething massage can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvLU-lIwUHs Also, you can try to offer teething biscuits such as teething rusk from Heinz/Only Organic.

Read more
Post reply image

If baby is 6 months and above, you could let him chew on cold cucumber and celery sticks. The cooling properties of cucumber help to sooth baby's gums. Having said that, my girl does not like cold food. She finds them weird. Haha. So I give it to her at room temperature but it also works well.

Post reply image

You can make breastmilk ice cube for your baby. Simply put the breastmilk in a ice cube tray, keep it in freezer and offer the breastmilk ice cubes to your baby. Cold ice cube can help to soothe baby's itching gums during teething. Let your baby chews and sucks.

Read more
VIP Member

Instead of freezing breastmilk in ice cube trays, try freezing it in a pacifier case so your baby can just suck on the frozen pacifier icicle. You can also freeze a clean, wet washcloth and let your baby chew on it.

In addition to all that were mentioned, wooden spoons or soft-tipped spatulas are good options as well.

thanks