I don't have frozen stash but my chilled bm supply seem to go exesss 3 days..can I freeze my chilled milk on day4? can I freeze them in the same storage container instead of milk bags? I'm using autumnz bottles btw. thanks!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are alot of differing opinions regarding this. Some say you should not leave milk in the fridge for more than 6 hours before freezing, others say 24 to 48 hours, while there are others who say it's okay to freeze milk that's been refrigerated up to 8 days, as long as baby is healthy. The best scenario is if you are planning on freezing your milk, do it as soon as possible. However, if there is a need to freeze milk that has been sitting in the fridge, make sure you smell it to ensure that it has not gone bad before freezing. Make sure to store the milk in clean, well-sealed glass or hard BPA-free plastic containers that can withstand freezing. Alternatively, use freezer bags specially designed for storing breast milk. It is also recommended that you label the date the milk was expressed, and consider adding an extra note if the milk has been chilled in the fridge.

Read more