I didn't bring my 7months old baby overseas. I went alone for 2 weeks and when I'm back he refused to latch on. He only wants bottles. How do I make him latch back ? I have been trying since last Friday. Feeling so upset.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think u can continue to try to encourage him. Maybe for the first few times u can satisfy his hunger w a small feed from the bottle followed by latching. If u co sleep or baby is sleeping v near u, giving him to boobs during his drowsy night feed is a good option too. Just continue to encourage, don't expect too much for 1-2 wks. Some babies also go through sleep regression or teething or just fussy at night - these are times when they will take the breast quite willingly

Read more
8y ago

Jia you .if u reall need help in relay hong. U can consider getting a LC help at the hospita itself. They have a device there that an drip the milk at the boobs to train and reward baby for latching

In addition to the suggestions, I would also suggest doing some skin to skin (even at 7 months old) to stimulate nursing instinct in the lo. Also continue to pump to maintain your milk supply. Consulting a lactation consultant will also give you more professional guidance. Good luck!