Shoulder Pain

Hi all I’am currently 7 weeks pregnant. It is my first pregnancy. Besides being tired easily, I have this intense pain/ soreness on both shoulders. Is this related to the pregnancy? If you have experienced this, what helps? I’m going for my first gynae check next week (w8) so I’m hoping to handle this on my own till then. Any tips would be much appreciated!!! So far I use Panadol extra and tiger balm to rub the area.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm 19 weeks pregnant now, BB is active. 😁 I'm also a kkh preggy and going for my gender scan coming wed. I try not to take any form of medication during the 1st Tri as BB is still developing. I had a bleeding episode in week 8 and got admitted for 3 days. kkh gave me panadol to get rid of the headache for a temporary relief but I force myself to sleep it off instead of taking pills because I don't want it to affect my BB growth. u see if your hubby can massage u gently? try not to have any scented candles for the time being also.

Read more

Try not to take panadol extra. Normal panadol or paracetamol is ok. It's normal to have sore muscles during pregnancy and the exhaustion during 1st trimester is real even if u do not do much physical activity! Warm bath works for me but if u don't have a bath tub, hot compress with a towel wld make u feel better or just paste those koyok (muscle pain plaster).

Read more
11mo ago

Hi! My gynae did tell me not to use salon pas (muscle pain plaster) as it is not safe. I am not sure about other brands but i would think it is best to avoid medicated plasters totally

I think you can try asking your hubby to massage on the area, using hot/cold compress see whichever works best and just take normal panadol to cope with the pain. I went to take flu jab at KKH and the nurse told me not to take panadol extra so i guess that it wasn't safe for baby. hope it helps! 😊

11mo ago

Thank you so much for letting me know. I will try the hot/ cold compress next.

Just rmb not to take tea and coffee along with panadol extra since panadol extra has caffeine. I didn’t have the soreness or pain but it’s hormonal changes! Perhaps you can massage/ hot and cold compress

11mo ago

Thank you for letting me know. Appreciate it!

I heard panadol extra and medicated oil such as salon pas or tiger balm are not good for pregnant woman. Try to relax and if need to just take normal panadol. Hope you’ll feel better soon

Can take the unmedicated heat pad. There is one brand called blood, u can find it at watson/guardian. Probably due to work stress?

Panadol extra is not safe for pregnancy according to my gynae at kkh. But normal Panadol is safe.

11mo ago

Did not know that! Thank you very much for letting me know.