Mag-o-Overdue na ba ang pagbubuntis ko?

I am currently 36 weeks going to 37 weeks. I heard from my husband friend that seldom women will give birth at 40 weeks.. mostly give birth around 36 weeks to 37 weeks.. After hearing this i am so worried that anytime I will be going to labour. Haiz... so scary feeling that all the unknown pain is coming soon. I have the tightening feeling in between my stomach and chest. When I sit on the chair I am having difficulty breathing..

33 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I think that u are over thinking the situation and stressing yourself unnecessarily. Firstly, ur husband friend not a Gyne right? How many pple does he know that is like 36-37wks? I can also tell u many for 1st baby is 40wks and maybe even beyond. But does it really matter? Baby is strong enough to survive well if he is born any time after 37 weeks. Ur Gyne will be seeing u quite often these last few weeks and check on u if any dilation etc - seldom people suddenly dilate v fast and have super short short labor...so don't worry, not likely u will be caught off guard. Don't stress about the situation because stressing is not good for hr baby and will make ur labor earlier and more difficult. Just be normal and prepare for baby's arrival, pack ur hospital bag, rest more, go eat whatever u want to eat now that u cannot eat during confinement. Enjoy the last few weeks if possible because u will be meeting ur lovely baby soon :) every labor experience is an unknown factor to the woman before she goes into labor and there's no way of telling how will it be even if it's a second pregnancy or third or fourth etc - u get the point. Just know what u prefer - if u going epidural or what ... the rest just let it be. Really no point frightening urself

Read more