Feeling low cos of low placenta

😥I just broke down at home after my week 16 gynae visit, cos I was told my placenta position is quite low. Am a #1stimemom and seriously wish for a smooth pregnancy, preferably natural delivery. Apparently I can't do or eat any specific thing to help the placenta move up. Feeling helpless, lost and worried. Has anyone had similar experience? I'm hoping to hear from mummies whose placenta gradually, amazingly moved from low to normal position. At which week did your gynae conclude your placenta position is normal? Did you try to do anything to help the placenta move up? *I know I need to avoid sex and strenuous activity, and am aware of the complications, so it's okay to leave those out pls! Might just break down again after being reminded of these :( Really am just here to see if there are real cases of successful placenta migration. [Thank you all so much for your sharing and encouragement! ♡]

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had low placenta after they scanned at 1st trimester. It's my first child too and I really was hoping for normal delivery. Doc said that there is still a possibility that it will move up later in the trimester and it did. I had appendicitis in week 35 and prior to the operation a growth scan was done and it showed that my placenta had moved up. Was just glad that baby did not come out during the operation. she hung on till Week 37 and I had a natural delivery. So stay positive. From the 1st day I knew about my low placenta, I talked to baby almost daily about moving it up. At the end of the day, we just want to go through a smooth delivery with baby strong and healthy. So, stay positive, mummy ya.

Read more
3y ago

Thank you, Angela! Your story is beautiful to hear, glad everything went well for you! May I know if you did any form of gynae-approved exercise during your pregnancy, or did you completely not exercise? I wonder what I can do, since even walking too much is not advisable. Scared I'm not fit enough for the strenuous pushing required during a normal delivery. 😅

It's ok, mine was low too but it eventually moved up by 3rd trimester as advise by gynae. Worrying and stressing out will only cause other issues so deal with it step by step. If there's nothing you can do about it and yet it doesn't harm your baby and you, then accept it and check with gynae for more advice. My case, I took things easy and got plenty of bed rest when I can. Take care.

Read more
3y ago

Okay! Thanks, Kathy, for your sharing and advice! Will try my best to worry less about it and rest more. :)

i have low placenta and it did not go up.. im at 37 wks today and gg for scheduled csect end of this week.. baby is growing normally but i may need blood transfusion after csect. im just glad baby is growing well.. to me thats all that matters. the past few months has been so anxious cuz im on complete bed rest but im just glad the end is near.. jia you to all mummies!

Read more

Mine is low too. But I read from this forum that many said their placenta move to normal position eventually. As long as the you and baby are healthy, don’t worry about something you can’t control now. Staying positive can help you and baby too. All will be ok. Cheer up. God bless you!

Read more

Hihi! My palcenta was low from first to early second trimester but it shifted up at appox 5th month. as the uterus expands it has more, so its possible that it'll shift upwards. Just try not to do squats, or vigorous activities. Try to lie down and rest as much as possible.

3y ago

Oh I see! Thank you again for your informative reply! :)

Mine was low too , and I was having a hard time walking ! Just couldn't walk ! The pain is unbearable . My doc advice me to rest and lie down more . Tats all . Magically the placenta moved up within a week . Just put away all your stress , have happy thoughts . Rest more .

3y ago

Yes, I kept talking to my baby and praying to God . And there is no more pain after placenta moved up .

Mine was low too up until 3rd trimester. I guess 3weeks before my due my gynae checked the placenta has moved up. Don't worry too much, all will be well. I told the baby to help mummy push the placenta up 🤭 silly me.

3y ago

Just keep a positive mind and don't stress too much. I remembered one of the scan my gynae said my baby's head on the placenta. I told my baby don't use placenta as pillow. 😆

Happened to my mom when she was pregnant with me almost 35 years ago! Miraculously placenta move up when I about to born. And my mom delivery me through natural delivery. Please be strong mama! Jiayou!

hi, sorry to hear, rest more and everything should be fine.. May i ask, did your gynae have to scan specifically to find the placenta? my gynae was just scanning the baby, that’s about it.

3y ago

Mine has requested for a vaginale scan to determine the placenta position for me next month when I am in my 29-30weeks.

Don’t worry, it’s still early... it will eventually go to the normal position... I experienced it around the same week as yours , and went to normal at 30+weeks ...

3y ago

Wow! That's wonderful to hear! Thanks for giving me some hope! Needed to hear this :) ♡ Was there anything you do or eat specifically to try to help the placenta move up?