Feeling low cos of low placenta

😥I just broke down at home after my week 16 gynae visit, cos I was told my placenta position is quite low. Am a #1stimemom and seriously wish for a smooth pregnancy, preferably natural delivery. Apparently I can't do or eat any specific thing to help the placenta move up. Feeling helpless, lost and worried. Has anyone had similar experience? I'm hoping to hear from mummies whose placenta gradually, amazingly moved from low to normal position. At which week did your gynae conclude your placenta position is normal? Did you try to do anything to help the placenta move up? *I know I need to avoid sex and strenuous activity, and am aware of the complications, so it's okay to leave those out pls! Might just break down again after being reminded of these :( Really am just here to see if there are real cases of successful placenta migration. [Thank you all so much for your sharing and encouragement! ♡]

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had low placenta after they scanned at 1st trimester. It's my first child too and I really was hoping for normal delivery. Doc said that there is still a possibility that it will move up later in the trimester and it did. I had appendicitis in week 35 and prior to the operation a growth scan was done and it showed that my placenta had moved up. Was just glad that baby did not come out during the operation. she hung on till Week 37 and I had a natural delivery. So stay positive. From the 1st day I knew about my low placenta, I talked to baby almost daily about moving it up. At the end of the day, we just want to go through a smooth delivery with baby strong and healthy. So, stay positive, mummy ya.

Read more
3y ago

Thank you, Angela! Your story is beautiful to hear, glad everything went well for you! May I know if you did any form of gynae-approved exercise during your pregnancy, or did you completely not exercise? I wonder what I can do, since even walking too much is not advisable. Scared I'm not fit enough for the strenuous pushing required during a normal delivery. 😅