I am away from my daughter right now. On a business trip. Hours are excruciating 6-10/11 pm with back to back meetings (lunch in the taxi sort of days). She's still asleep when I start and she's asleep by the time I end. What should I do? 4 day trip and my baby is a newborn. :(

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It must be crazy hard to be away from a newborn because of work but in the long run, all that you do is for baby's benefit so don't be too sad, yeah? Get your husband or helper to take videos of baby interacting and you send them some of yours as well so baby can hear your voice. If the time difference isn't too wide, arrange with your partner or helper to FaceTime or Skype with baby during lunch or whatever breaks you have. For now, just power through your work and know that at the end of it all, you get to go home to your baby:) Stay strong!

Read more

Hey mummy, focus on your work first. Newborn tends to sleep a lot. Therefore, as long as she is in good hands, you try not to worry so much. I would suggest taking some audio or video recordings and getting the person attending to her to play it to her so that she can see see and/or hear you. You can spend plenty of quality time with her after your work trip. Hang in there, just a few more days to go. Take care!!

Read more