May I ask what do u have in your first aid kit for baby ?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The contents of first-aid box depends mainly on what age group of children we are considering. Below are a broad list of first-aid contents. Child thermometers Children's acetaminophen and ibuprofen, to relieve fever and mild pain Antihistamines for insect bites, hives, and allergic reactions Topical calamine lotion or hydrocortisone cream (.5%) for insect bites and rashes Rubbing alcohol swabs to clean thermometers, tweezers, and scissors Antibiotic ointment for cuts and scrapes Irrigating eye wash to rinse irritants from eyes Saline nose drops to clear stuffy noses Aloe gel for Burns Tweezers for removing splinters and ticks A pair of sharp scissors Child-safe sunscreen Child-safe insect Repellent Nasal aspirator bulb Adhesive bandage strips Adhesive tape Sterile cotton balls Cotton-tipped swabs Non-latex gloves Mild liquid soap An oral syringe or calibrated cup or spoon for administering medicines A package of tongue depressors for checking sore throats A hot water bottle and an ice pack. A small flashlight to check ears, nose, throat, and eyes. Soft Blanket First-aid / emergency manual Rehydration fluids to rehydrate children with diarrhea

Read more
VIP Member

Try not to stand by many unnecessary things, by the time you need them, they are expired. Just the common one like fever : fever patch, thermometer, paracetamol (make sure u know ur baby dosage, different weight different dosage) For insect bites or a bit of bruises when baby start crawling or walking knock here and there or fall down : zytrec (can use for allergies, anti-itch) , zam bak, aloe vera gel, cream for mosquitos bite (i got mine from PD, can't buy at counter but when the bite is serious, u need to see pd or gp for stronger cream to heal too) Basically, i don't standby anything, all this is what i need to use on and off. Till now (1-3 years old, we didn't use any or much plasters, without plaster heal faster too. ) and i never use alcohol swipe on my kids too, i only use it to disinfect the tools i'm using maybe like scissor that i cut their nails etc. if anything serious happen, i will have see gp first. And got everything from them.

Read more

When we're just out and about in Sg, my kit includes- antiseptic (non sting), band aids, bandage (3M has a variety), calamine/aloevera (to ease itching), alcohol wipes. If we are travelling, my kit includes (including the above) s- acetaminophen (fever med in syrup and suppository), thermometer, cooling pad (the one you put on the forehead). If your lo experiences anything beyond what you can handle, please go to the nearest hospital or clinic.

Read more

Here are some essentials that you can include in baby's first aid kit: - Dressings - Plasters - Bandages - Antiseptic cream - Antihistamine cream - Thermometer - Calamine lotion - Baby first aid accessories like scissors, tweezers, gel packs, safety pins, saline solution - Antiseptic wipes If your baby is allergic to something, by all means include the medication in the kit as well. This list is not exhaustive :)

Read more

I tried to prepare a first aid kit for my newborn before but until now found that for infants and toddlers not very useful. So probably what you might need if u really want to prepare is on top of the adults version, add some Zam Bak, some recovery cream from Mustela, aloe vera gel. :)

VIP Member

I have the fever patch, some plasters, organic ointment for bites/bumps, antiseptic alcohol swaps. I only prepare medication for external use as I think we should only administer any oral medication as prescribed by the physician for a young baby

plasters cethaphil cream as hes allergy to other cream.. mosquito repel calamine lotion paracetamol for baby follow by their age. alcohol swapnose drop for infant/child

Read more

for baby first aid kit will be some simple medicine.. clamine lotion, thermometer, insect repellent, antiseptic alcohol wipe and zam bak for bite

Child thermometer, child vicks, child panadol, Koolfever patches and desitin diaper rash cream