Does anyone vomit while brushing teeth in the morning

I always seem to vomit while brushing teeth. I'm 4 months preggy. Is this normal

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi Kavi, It’s normal. Pregnancy plus a sensitive gag reflex can trigger morning sickness when brushing you teeth. Here’s some things you can try. 1. Change your toothpaste. It could be the taste of it that is a trigger. 2. Switch to a child toothbrush that has a smaller head and softer bristles. 3. Instead of brushing with quick and short strokes, try long and slow strokes. Hope you feel better!

Read more
3y ago

Oh dear

same. i encounter this for a few weeks already. now im in week12. i use diffuser to make the toilet smell like hotel and i make my brushing quick and fast to avoid vomitting

3y ago

yea works now. less and less nusea feel after i put diffuser in toilet to smell like hotel

Normal. I experience the same thing everytime I brush my teeth. It got better when I hit my last trimester 🥺

happened to me!! i simply brushed quickly n flossed. No scrubbing tongue as i would vomit.

3y ago

Yes u I did all as quickly as possible

Nope but you might want to consider more natural options from scoop

i think the smell of toilet trigger in some way. hahahaha

3y ago

No it's not the smell of toilet. It's the brushing. Otherwise I'll feel triggered to vomit each time I'm in the toilet lol

VIP Member

yes just try to brush faster

ya works