When Did Your Baby Drop During Your First Pregnancy?

I am already nearing 38 weeks but baby still seems very high up on my belly and hasn't dropped. Is this normal as I read that for first time mums baby will drop earlier. When did your baby drop during your first pregnancy?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Today my 38 weeks 4 day, there is no symptom, so doc decide me to induce on this coming Saturday, I was soo scared because my fren telling me is more painful than normal.. Doc told me 80% normal able to normal birth... But i hope this week bfore Saturday there's a symptom baby out..

12mo ago

I have GDM and currently at 38 weeks. Doctor advise me if no sign baby coming out then i need to be induced 🥴

VIP Member

For me i could feel the baby lower in my pelvis in around 36 weeks... later was confirmed by the gynae aswell... i delivered in 38 weeks.. in case your gynae says that baby is still high then you can try using birthing ball and walk a lot... it worked for me...

Super Mum

People around me also say my tummy is very high and baby hasn't drop when I was in my 39 weeks. I gave birth on week 39 so I don't think it is compulsory for belly to look lower?

My baby was engaged quite early on around week 35-36 and it was picked up from ultrasound. There was no noticeable difference for me from the exterior and I delivered on 39+6.

please trust your body and the baby to be ready,no need to think so hard ,just enjoy your pregnancy, anything u feel will affect baby emotions too

My belly didn’t look like it dropped. My gynae even thought that I might not give birth soon but at 38weeks I was admitted on the day of my check-up!

I am 38+4 still haven't seen any drop but doctor said the baby is down in my pelvic and in ready position. So I don't know will he be any down at all.

Mine drop ard 36 weeks coz I like to go out n go for morning walk. But now I'm 38 week 2 day waiting for my EDD..

my tummy started to show it dropped when i was close to 38weeks. but my baby was alr moving down around 37weeks.

Mine didn’t drop at all even after 10cm dilated at Week 40. Had to undergo emergency c-sect.