Gestational Diabetic

I am 33week preg, dr wants to start insulin every night as my pre meal abit high. Target supposely 5.5, mine abit high like 5.7. I refuse to start cos i can't jab myself. I don mind people jab me take my blood or operate but not ME INJECTING MYSELF. Yah the needle is short and tiny but so what my hand can't inject myself. Anyone got GDM please share with me about your experient. I will find a way to jab if my blood sugar is around 6.0. I follow their diet and DR say my baby is small this GDM is causing me sad and stress???

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Have you tried exercising and letting your body to produce insulin naturally? I did that and my blood sugar from fasting 10.3mmol (during ogtt test) dropped to fasting 5.2-5.6mmol daily. You may Google for 3rd trimester pregnancy cardio on YouTube to do. Just takes 20 mins a day at the comfort of your home. Sweat it out and you'll see the result! I've been doing cardio workout everyday 7 days a week during my pregnancy and even 1 week before I gave birth i was still doing kickboxing! Result is fantastic and gynae told me I don't need insulin. Just continue my strict diet (counting carbs and calories) and exercise! And I really see the difference with exercise even after birth. Throughout my pregnancy I only gained 3-4kg. So which means I'm losing overall weight. Now I'm weighing lesser than pre-pregnancy weight (7 weeks postpartum now). And with the cardio workout (squats etc), I feel more strength and energy while taking care of my newborn. And throughout my whole preg, I only had muscle cramps twice!

Read more
4y ago

I will try tomorrow brisk walk. Thanks for your advice.