Anatomic Fluid Low

I am 32 weeks pregnant. But gyane says my fluid reading is low and I didn't ask the reading as I am not sure what's the impact. I search online and find that it might be threat to baby development or organs. I am very worried. Can I do redo scan and ask for afi reading?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My previous pregnancy my fluid is low as well. My gynae monitored very closely, 2 weeks 1 appt to check e heartbeat of my LO. He was born without any issues to his organs. But from what I recalled, she told me that if baby heartbeat is not good then need to deliver already. Hope it helps. Talk to your gynae and see what ur gynae can suggest and recommend.

Read more
5y ago

Okie thanks. Does drinking water really help? Some mothers say it doesn't make a difference.. Confused..

VIP Member

Drink losta water, coconut water, sleep side ways. Please call your gynae to make an appointment again if you are not sure. Discuss with more options

5y ago

Does lots of water and coconut water really helps? Anybody tried before..?

VIP Member

Drink more water and fresh coconut water too. It helps to increase the amniotic fluid.

5y ago

Ya it works my AFI increased from 7 to 11. 3.5 litres of water everyday + 1 coconut worked for me

VIP Member

same, found out my amniotic fluid is low @ wk 33.

5y ago

Did u do anything to increase your afi?

VIP Member

Maybe you can seek for a second opinion?

Does drinking more fluids help?

4y ago

Drinking plenty of water (plain water) daily is good. It somehow prevents water retention. I didnt get any water retention at all in my whole pregnancy. Dont know if it works for water bag water content cos Dr always told me very good, Water content in water bag is good.

Afi was 10.28 something. Gyane says OK.. Not very low.. I drank lots of water and watermelon and coconut water almost everyday. Fresh green coconut.