2nd hand smoking

My husband, father & oldest brother out of 3 siblings ( me included) are smoking, my hubby doesn't smoke around me much knowing i'm pregnant due wanting to keep our baby healthy but my dad & oldest brother keep smoking in the house & it's hard to avoid inhaling the smoke even though i try my best to cover my nose as a second hand smoker when my brother decides to sit in the living room & smoke because i sleep there as i have no bedroom of my own.. so is it safe for me & baby to be in this kind of environment? what can i do to avoid inhaling smoke from cigarettes?#advicepls #firstpregnancy

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Its challenging cos its hard to make a smoker stop and understand ur pov, especially now with rules not able to smoke at corridor, void deck etc. It is even harder that u do not have ur own room to hide when they smoke. My husband and my dad smokes too. I am at my Week 31 preg but fortunately for me, I have my own room to hide. Still, these are what i do to make the environment better for me n baby when they smoke. 1. Ask them to blast the standing fan when they smoke to "pull" the smell n smoke away from my direction. 2. Got my husband to buy a good air purifier to purify the air. 3. I put on mask when they smoke and for minutes after they finish smoking on days or time when my sensation is more sensitive. Eventually, when baby is born, I will still need to find a way to make the home environment a smoke-free place for my baby. Take care n best wishes!

Read more