Really happy that people can notice my bump and started giving up seats to me at MRT

However I do feel awkward at time 😅 because my bump is not considered big ( week 19) and not sure how to react when people actually give up seats to me, quite shy 😅 But I am really happy when people can see my bump😊

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Once I was taking MRT home from east side. A 50-60yo man (dragging his leg - prolly his leg wasn’t good) came into the train and looked at both priority seats (a lady & I were both sitting), he rushed to the lady and asked her to give up seat to him. She was shocked/ paused for a while as she didn’t know how to react but few seconds later she gave up her seat to him. She then told him that she was sitting there bcos she is pregnant. I guess the man didn’t come to me as my belly is much bigger. The lady was prolly 3-4 months pregnant so her belly isn’t obvious. And nobody in the train gave up seats to her (those who were sitting at non-priority seats). I then kept an eye to see who alighted and quickly pointed to her to sit down. Ya agree that it’s hard for those who are still in 1st /2nd trimesters. Sometimes nobody would give up seat even though my belly is obvious. I m not saying that people must give up seats yo pregnant lady or elderly but it’s nice to have a seat in a crowded train.

Read more
2y ago

Safety issue also. After reading about stampedes and qatar and everything. I get worried thinking it can happen anytime :(