How to potty train my 3 yrs old girl?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Toddlers learn by imitation, and watching you use the bathroom is a natural first step. When talking about body parts, it's important to be accurate. If you teach her to refer to her vaginal area as her "wee-wee" when every other part has a more formal-sounding name, she may infer that there's something embarrassing about her genitals. If your daughter has seen her older brother, her father, or one of her friends from preschool or daycare stand tall at the toilet, she'll more than likely want to try to pee standing up. Let her. Sure, you'll have to clean up a couple of messes, but she'll probably get the idea fairly quickly that she doesn't have the equipment to make it work, and you won't have to engage her in a power struggle. If she persists, have her watch you and explain how mommies and their daughters have to sit down to pee. http://www.babycenter.com/0_successful-potty-training-for-girls_11653.bc

Read more
TapFluencer

You can do this in stages. First stage is to remove her nappy during the day and monitor her body reactions. You will have a feel anyway how she behaves when she needs to do number one or two. I used a dipper and made my son pee there. So he knows he needs to look for the dipper when he needs to pee. When he looked like he needed number two, I would bring him to the toilet where I have the kid toilet seat installed. Eventually he looked for the toilet when he wanted to do number two. Second phase is to train at night. You wake up your child to owe until she will wake up herself to pee.

Read more
VIP Member

I started by letting her without diaper after school and teach how to pee at the shower area, I put a bucket of water there so she can wash her hand and clean her feet from urine. She thinks it's fun so she will do it by herself while I was cooking in the kitchen, but bcos it's a bit messy, sometimes she comes out without cleaning her feet, so I teach her to climb up the toilet seat (with ikea potty seat on it), now she is well trained, but we still help her to clean her private area for hygiene purpose

Read more

We started off by prompting our LO every 2hrs and seat her at the potty, this method works well for us as it cultivates a habit to use potty regularly in the daytime then gradually extend to night time.

We made it a fun activity and positive thing by rewarding,clapping,telling everyone of her achievement in front of her and overall by just making it a exciting experience for her.

VIP Member

Tinutukan ko for a few days yung kids ko. Walang diapers para maramdaman nila yung basa.