How much does an outdoor playground matter, for preschoolers? The preschool that has a good curriculum and convenient location that works for us doesn't have one, and also only serves catered food. Are these deal breakers?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me, I think that while having a balance would be the most ideal, if you find the curriculum good, you can still consider the place. For outdoor play, you can bring your child out in the evenings or during weekends for some family fun. So I feel that it would not be a deal breaker. In terms of catered food, if it is of a good and healthy variety and prepared without using too much oil or seasoning, I think it should be fine too. Just my two cents!

Read more
8y ago

Very good points - thanks so much for your thoughtful reply :) appreciate it!

In my opinion, I feel that a balance of outdoor activities and good curriculum is the best combination. The outdoors gives children unique opportunities for: -Experience with all their senses -Physical activities -Observations -Developing social skills -Dramatic play It also gives them a break,in a confine space in the classroom. In this way, it helps better concentration later in class and able to absorb more.

Read more
8y ago

Agree! Now to find a childcare that has all or most of the criteria... :)