Informing boss

Hi how do you inform boss abt pregnancy? Via email a call? My boss is a male so i find it strange and awkward to call him just to break the news. But also find that send via email is too formal? Haha

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Well I believed a boss who is managing a team consisting of male and female staff should be able to understand this kind of situation (even more if he is a Husband or father himself). Well at the end of the day, sooner or later, you will have to tell him. Better to inform him earlier so that they can plan the work around. Who knows they may be happy for you and also help you through. You can just send him an informal text or pull him aside to the pantry and talk to him. Cheers

Read more

My male boss is anti marriages and pregnancy. I’ve a hard time breaking the news to him. I emailed him to inform him. It depends on the relationship between you and your boss and if he’s pro family. It will be so much easier to break the news to him.

Super Mum

I told my boss in person. Also male. I feel it’s good to tell in person so you can see their reaction, and also listen to what they have to say with regards to expectations of us during the course of pregnancy

My boss is a male, I just inform him during our monthly call. I think this is a natural stage of life, should be ok. My boss is very supportive, hence I don’t really have problem.

male Japanese, can't really speak and understand English.. I used sign language 🤣

TapFluencer

depend how good you are with your boss I told my boss via text