How do I help to ease my baby's digestion issues; he has a lot of gas!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Here’s what I’ve read about relieving gas for baby: - Burp baby as often as possible. Can also try different burping positions (such as 'over the shoulder pat', ' over the knee pat' or 'knee bounce' or just let your baby sit upright while you pat his/her back) - Carry baby around in an upright position. This will help bring up any extra air instead of trapping it. - Give your baby a tummy massage to help release trapped air. Do it half an hour after feeds and when baby is showing signs of bloating. - Giving a warm bath may also help baby relax and getting the gas out of his/her system.

Read more
VIP Member

Adding on to the rest, you can also do tummy massages and leg exercises for LO to expel the gas! You can do simple "I Love You" tummy massage for LO, refer to photo for reference - it helps with gas and bowel movement issues :) If you want to do leg exercises, you can lie LO down and do cycling motions with his legs - then hold his legs straight and tuck both legs to his chest so his knees are chest level! Repeat for a few times and it helps to "push" the gas out :)

Read more
Post reply image

These are my alternative that I'm glad to share because its really help me a lot esp dealing with LO issues. Rub Gentle Baby essential oil on my baby stomach for bloating. Diffuse Lavender essential oil for LO calming sleep. Diffuse Lemon essential oil for LO freshness during the day.

Post reply image
VIP Member

burping more and massage helps!