Childcare centre

How do u go about in looking for childcare centres? Do u shortlist a few and make an appointment with them to go down personally n look at the environment, facilities etc?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We looked for the CC around our area. Went down/call to book appointment(tour the school) or enquire(for those don’t allow to visit due to covid) During this period(covid) some schools allow to visit their school after operating hours or weekend, some don’t allow so they will offer using Zoom to communicate and look at their school. Some schools we just walk in and enquire (without visit, coz not allow due to covid), so far all the schools teachers and staff were very friendly and answered to all our queries when we walked in and asked. Prefer to talk and enquire personally with the teacher or staff at the school, wanted to find out more about their curriculums, meals provided and all. And let them know that we would like to put our LO under waitlist/interest. Took us less than a month, some of the schools got back to us regarding the vacancy for next year. And we got the school that we preferred.

Read more

https://www.ecda.gov.sg 8 years ago I just call the school (MyWorld and some private independent ones) to ask for tour but recent years it seem we have to shortlist through this platform. When I called MyFirstSkool before covid, they said no touring and have to register our interest thru the website. The website is rubbish really but its how they do it these days.

Read more

I chose those closest to home for convenience. Unable to make an appointment to view the centre due to covid.. but can just head down to the centre to see from the window. I had to wait for a call for placement confirmation before having a virtual tour (via Microsoft Teams) with the principal.

Super Mum

Nowadays some schools will provide online tour through WhatsApp or zoom call. You can join the Facebook group "childcare in Singapore" to ask for recommendation 😁

I look at the ones which are closet to my place. Also, I also attend their open houses which helps in deciding

VIP Member

I shortlist those nearer my place then head down to tour the centers. Call the schs to find out more.

TapFluencer

yes, but mostly will tell you please register via ecda website and they don't entertain walk in

yes