How to deal with growth spurts? Tried many ways, like carrying, play soothing music, feed more, but all seems useless. Baby just keep crying, and refuses to sleep, even though he seems to be very tired already.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Try baby wearing! Baby wearing has helped me a lot. Growth spurts, or if my girl is sick and very cranky, baby wearing always helps. That’s why it’s good to invest in a good baby carrier. If you haven’t gotten a carrier yet, you can take a look at this anoona carrier. It’s ergonomic, so very comfortable for both mummy and baby. It’s 1 of the more affordable brand ◡̈ https://babyfair.supermom.com.sg/baby-fair-aug-2018-singapore-expo-seafoam.html

Read more

At times - the best thing to do is 'Ignore'! I totally understand its Super tough for a Mom - but have learnt that this helps! Also after the baby is in a good mood - a heart to heart conversation where you explain that bad behaviour will not be tolerated - surely helps! We may think these small ones don't understand but in all truth they are very smart n do! Tk care!

Read more

1. Feed more often. Over feeding may results in regurgitation. 2. Lying or carry and make "shh" sound. NB. Prolong carrying resulting baby not wanting to sleep on bed. 3. Plan out with spouse on rotating shift.

I’m facing the same problem too! My 8wks LO wakes up crying after 30mins and can’t go back to sleep after that. She becomes overtired and fussy. Is that a sign of growth spurt?

You may not want to hear this but there's really nth that you can do during growth spurt. Just have to attend to your baby cues. It'll be over mummy. You've come so far. Press on!

Yea depends on how old is your child, mostly Babywearing works best.. putting child in upright and ergonomic position with good skin to skin contact ◡̈

Babywear your baby, not just carrying. Let them be close to your body and u walk around. Baby simply love the walking and closeness.

If you're breastfeeding just let baby latch more.

8y ago

Yes normal! http://kellymom.com/hot-topics/growth-spurts/

Babywearing works!