Milk powder for newborn

Hiii my newborn is due soon and there are so many milk powders to choose from. I have seen many articles and there are some brands I should avoid but generally, most brands are relatively the same. Any suggestions for baby milk powder?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Each baby is different some may have a reaction towards formula milk , some might get constipation, uneasy tummy ,non stop diarrhea , always cries at night I've had s26 since i was a kid . i gave my girl s26 since newborn , she doesn't have any reaction ☺️ i don't think they gave out samples for under 6month but you try milk sample for newborn . at hospital for newborn if you choose to give formula they will give you Nan /lactogen in feeding bottle or you can try ask the professional which milk is good for babies . they will help to recommend you that if you never choose to breastfeed in the first place . but I'm sure every mother wants to try bfjourney 😬

Read more

I’ve asked KKH before and they mentioned that all formula milk has their benefits. None is more superior than another. As long as age appropriate formula milk is fed, it is alright! When I delivered, baby was given Lactogen when we were still in KKH. Therefore, I decided to stick to it since baby had no complains. However, I do notice that baby’s poop is very wet and frequent, so I changed to fairprice gold. It works well for my baby, so I’m not changing

Read more

If your intention is to feed breastmilk then just get a small tin to standby first for support whilst supply kick in.. so far only similac has 400g tin.. each baby is different, so what brand works might not suit yours..

I have enough supply of breast milk when baby was born , until up to 6 mths , when i return to office and find it is so tiring to pump and decided to start mixed feeding . So I gave mine Nan optipro

Hi, just sharing my experience. I was just like you confused about which milk powder for my newborn last year. I choose Nan optipro the blue tub 🙂 Best choice ever till today.

Read more

i bought lactogen, thats what kkh has been giving all just born babies.so far my baby is ok drinking it. maybe need some trial and error, like check baby poo and pee too

I used Frisolac Gold for my baby and it was ok. It was one of the recommended brands at Mount A when I gave birth. it also has a small tin so u can buy and standby.

You can take Dulac/Dugro, Lactogen, S26, Similac or Nan OptiPro.