Maternity Insurance

Hii, Any of you know which maternity insurance covers GDM and the cost of the insurance?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The concept of insurance is rooted in the principle of spreading risk across a large pool of individuals. This risk-sharing mechanism is the foundation of insurance, allowing for the equitable distribution of the financial burden associated with unexpected events. In this way, insurance embodies a communal approach to risk management, emphasizing the collective responsibility of a group to support its members in times of need. https://txinsuranceresources.com/

Read more

It’s not about covering gdm, it’s about how u claim your gdm. My maternity plan cover gdm and I have gdm. However I couldn’t claim. The criteria to claim is I need to continue to suffer high glucose AFTER I deliver. Most gdm will disappear after delivery. Those gdm that continue after delivery are normally pre-diabetes already. So check with ur insurance provider on the CRITERIA to claim

Read more
3y ago

Remember to always read the fine prints of the cliamables, so many agents like to con people w big words like cover gdm (but nv explain t&c), it is only when u read the fine print will then realise how hard it is to hit their "gdm" "jaundice" etc categories

AXA Empowered Mum covers gdm. But again, it depends on when you get the plan. If you have gdm after your coverage starts, then yes it covers. But if you are already have gdm before getting the maternity insurance, then unlikely can get the plan liao. This was what my agent told me last time.

AXA does provide one with GDM, as well as Manulife. Aviva does not cover GDM. I represent a few companies, drop me a dm if you need any assistance.

3y ago

I hope youalso explain the fine prints, terms and conditions to your client, dont just sell big words and mislead people. it is so hard to hit the so call gdm category in any insurance companies' term.

I got manulife readymummy standalone, $399, 5k coverage.

Prudential does but you gotta purchase the plan early!

i got aviva. 10K coverage

3y ago

how much did u pay

Check with PRUMum