Hi mummies, wanna ask to those who have experienced giving birth to premature bb... Is it safe for me to give birth at 35 weeks or either 37 week as I'm having contration n in bad pain??

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I gave birth to my twins and there ate just 32 weeks and 4 days old. Normal delivery ako and no epidural. They are currently staying in NICU since premature pa sila and they are improving every single day. If you are experiencing contractions and pain you should definitely see your ob gyne. Ung sakin kasi my water broke and my doctor told me that maiksi na ung cervix ko so they will come out anytime soon and got time to prepare . Your doctor will tell you whether you need to have a c section or wait till your water broke.

Read more

It is still safe to reach 37-40 weeks gestation. If you are feeling an extreme pain or contraction then that means you are starting to labor. The contractions that you were feeling might just be Braxton Hicks. Ask your OB-gyne if you can take painkillers that is not harmful for the baby for pains.

VIP Member

Same exp. Mommy. On my 36th this saturday, I remember my OB with my 3rd pregnancy before this is my 4th na kasi na tiisin ung pain, lalo na wala pang 38 weeks. Ako gnwa ko is to bed rest. 3 days ako halos d naligo pra d ako matagal na nakatayo sa cr. Kmakain lng dn ako s kwrto. Be safe mommy!

VIP Member

Hi the answer would be to keep your baby in you for as long as possible. Nothing is better than your womb and only if there is no other way, then you should try to keep baby in. It will be good to speak to your gynae about the contractions and see what she says.

Hello mga Momshie, what if CS previois and Cs for the next pregnancy im experiencing badly pain in my pubic area,pelvic pain should i sched or wait for another week ? Im in 35 weeks and 3 days right now and 1 yr palang sugat ko before nasundan po kc agad .

I had my son @35 weeks he weight was 7 lbs but I’m dietetic so we tend to have bigger baby’s was in nicu for ten day just to stabilize sugars because of me no him now pregnant and will have this one at 37 weeks due to me being dietetic

VIP Member

Yes, do try to keep your baby in for as long as possible as the lungs are the last to develop fully. Rest as much as possible and minimise movement. Seek advice from your gynae too.

Hi mummy, I gave birth prematurely at 33 weeks to my daughter she weighed 1.7kg. So if possible and there no complications stay atleast until 37 weeks. stay blessed

Sa 2nd baby ko nanganak ako ng 36 weeks. He weighs 2.9kls hindi na din siya inincubator. He's turning 5 years old na this September..

Yea its,cox i gave birth to my baby at 35 weeks and he is now to month,and perfectly fine,its just that he stays in the incubator for 7days.