Hi, I'm in week 25 now and suddenly feeling a lot more backache and sore lower abdomen. Together with this, I also had slight fever (only 1 night) and also had diarrhoea loose stools 5 times in the past 27 hours. Should I be concerned? because I'm going for a 2 week babymoon to UK and travel insurance does not cover pregnancy related issues.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When you're pregnant and planning travel, anything health-related is of utmost important. Agree with the mommy above, best to get the go-ahead from your doctor. I was in an overnight train once and it had to be delayed because one of the passengers started showing labour signs. Thankfully because it was a train ride, it was easy to stop at station with a nearby hospital. Imagine if this were to happen on a 13 hour plane ride :(

Read more
VIP Member

Could you rush down to your gynae to get checked first? Those symptoms sound a lot like what I had when I was about to deliver, and I was 39 weeks pregnant. If the gynae gives you the all-clear, you should still take extra caution as baby is more important. Holidays can be taken anytime, but your baby is of utmost priority. http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/prelabor-diarrhea.aspx

Read more