Is Heguru better or Shincida? I prefer less pressurising approach for both adult and kid.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I really like a Shichida Method. I enrolled my daughter at about 18 months and she progressed very well. By 24 months, she could do puzzles on her own. Her other classmates also progressed very well. 2 of her classmates could memorize 40 sequential items on flash card (note: only 6 kids in a class). The only downside is that it is costly. There might be a waiting list. Parents have to be involved (this is a good point). The exercises they do can be very fun. I was so happy with the results, I enrolled my daughter in the Kindergarten. But that closed down. It's probably cause they couldn't make it work economically. It was like $800 per month and no subsidy.

Read more

My little one was at Heguru for almost 2 years. I enrolled her from 1 yr old onwards, at the buangkok branch.. Her teachers n the staff r v friendly and professional.. The activities are very packed and for the first 6-9 mths, I wonder if she is learning anything, ESP since she can't speak or express herself v well but from 2 yrs onwards, I'm quite amazed w what she knows and her EQ is quite good. Such development, I attribute it to her time at Heguru.. It's expensive though.. 7 lessons for $520, week day class.

Read more

I didn't like the Teachers in Heguru as I felt like I was attending a mad class with Teachers screaming at the top of their voice. Shichida is more mellow and disciplined, depends on what you like, stress or not is dependent on urself. Personally I feel that it's more of letting the kid to be exposed to more things, but the outcome depends on what u hope ur kid achieved after attending.. if you just want ur child to go enjoy the lesson anywhere is the same just different brand and price

Read more

Just my opinion- I completely do not believe in flash cards rapid brain training methods. What's the point of memorising sequential items? At such young age, it's best for them to learn through play and fun and exploring- not by memorising things and training intuition! I rather my child play with water, play with toy bricks, read than go for such lessons.

Read more

i prefer heguru. pricing same. heguru better in term of -management -2 teachers -intensive, more activities

Read more