Moving house at 38 weeks

Having issue with in laws, can i move out at 38 plus week? #1stimemom #pleasehelp #firstbaby

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Pls don't let superstitions get in the way of your life. However would you have confinement help after you move out? Do you have help to pack for the move? Your husband will be doing all the logistics and lifting himself as you will not be able to help. You should stay away in case you breathe in any cleaning fumes or dust too. And if your baby comes early and you have to rush to delivery ward, can someone help your husband to handle any deliveries and logistics for the day? Would your baby nursery be ready and infant safe (no dust or allergens) if you deliver early? It's a big drastic move, don't be impulsive and weigh your pros and cons before you make the decision, as you may find yourself stuck or having wasted money on moving if you end up having to move back in with the ILs (probably with a worse relationship than before you moved out).

Read more
3y ago

we dont plan to have confinement help because alr in law house no space and house too small. then mil used to help sil. then she back out. so i ordered food etc

If your IL is already giving headaches before u deliver, why do u wants to continue to stay there? Imagine when u can’t go out and needs to relax and rest if u are going to do confinement (28 days).. But before that, talk to your hubby and your family first see if there’s any solution like where to stay (if u hv not found one) and if there’s any other support your family can give u? As baby might be out anytime at 38 weeks..

Read more
3y ago

ok got. thanks

I think the main thing is to avoid strenuous activities. if moving out is the only way that you can be happy, then go ahead but just be careful. but you may need to think about what happens after delivery, will you continue to face issues with your in-laws etc? all the best to you, I think your welfare and happiness come first!

Read more

Depends of your beliefs. I moved out of my IL's place in my 2nd trimester when my husband and I got our own house. My baby came out fine and healthy, apart from being a premature baby cos of nesting instinct & I was really active, I shifted the furnitures at home here and there, alone 😬😅 Not my 1st baby though.

Read more
3y ago

I don't know about your beliefs. I'm a Malay so I don't believe in all these. My husband and I didn't engaged movers or anyone else. Our stuff back then was very little but we bought furnitures beforehand and only asked them to send over once we've moved in. My husband do all the shifting but nesting instinct in my last trimester made me do all the re-shifting. Hence the premature birth.

Make sure you have help from husband and maybe even friends or family to help you with the move. Of course you can, but you will need to be comfortable in a new environment and adjust quickly to prepare for baby arrival which is pretty soon.

I move out at 36 weeks when my own place is ready. Everything is fine. And try to get your hub to move those heavy stuffs and also prepare the necessary clearing as well. You just move there and sleep. Don’t overstretch yourself.

TapFluencer

No problem at all. I move to my new house right before giving birth bcos I need room for my nanny. I got my contractor to rush the reno and managed to moved in a few days before my delivery date.

3y ago

ok thank u

Imagine being stuck in in-laws house with in-laws for a whole month during confinement. 😖 Yea, moving out is definitely better. Do it for your happiness and recovery!!

Best not to move 1st cause once you move out there is 2 things to avoid number 1 dont carry heavy stuff number 2 when your husband move stuff make sure you are not there

If sure u wanna move out, then moving out bef baby arrives is easier.