Pet Rabbit

Hi, we have a pet rabbit at home which is recently under palliative care currently. Just wanted to check if daily activities (i.e. cleaning of little box, hugging, giving headrubs) with the bunny can affect pregnant ladies? #advicepls #firstbaby #pets

Pet Rabbit
7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! bunnies are generally pretty clean creatures so shouldn't be much of an issue? I fostered 2 cats throughout my pregnancy, 1 with FIV & did most of the work myself like clearing litterbox, feeding & all & had no issues 😬 Also have dogs of my own, 1 sheds & the other has skin problems n I meal prep their food on top of all that, they eat raw. At the end of the day just be sure to wash ur hands & all & honestly it's up to personal comfort lvls I guess?

Read more

Hi, throughout my pregnancy I’ve handled my bunny poop and daily housekeeping without wearing gloves. Their poop is safe not like the cat’s. I also give daily head rubs and hugging. Did not affect my baby at all.

I was pregnant while having a bunny and everything turned out alright. so don't worry. in case you're still highly concerned, consult your gynae they'll advise you further :)

Generally it is safe with rabbits. Observe basic hygiene should be fine! Hope bunny feels ok! I also have a pair of very old bunnies, understand how you feel ❤️

Hello, I used to be a ex vet back in Australia. Rabbit poops are okay! Unlike cat poop

No issues for rabbit is not like cat poop

TapFluencer

how about pee no issues too?

2y ago

thanks!