Do you have a deep, dark secret? If yes, what is it?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Haha, I guess most people wouldn't share since it's a deep, dark secret ;) I don't know what constitutes to a deep, dark secret - but I do have one that I haven't told anyone until recently (because I got too terrified and just needed to text a friend). I was close to being raped 7-8 years ago (when I was 13-14), he was a friend of a friend (that I liked) and I met him to help my friend to pay off some small debt he had. I barely managed to push the man off of me and ran away - I kept it to myself all this time, thought I forgot about it because I was okay with talking about all my other not-so-good experiences and I even walked past that man several times (he lives down the street near a bus stop I frequent) and didn't have much reaction to it. It was only a few days ago that I realised I wasn't 100% okay, I got on the bus on my way home and sat down - he suddenly boarded the bus and stood right next to me. The bus was full and I guess I freaked out because I couldn't walk away - so I ended up being tensed and just ... had anxiety all over again. I ran back to my block once I got off at my stop, and just cried under it for probably half an hour before I went back home. It took me two days after that incident to feel okay again, but I know that I'm safe and stronger than I used to be - am sharing this because I think it's really something I need to talk about to get it off my chest (only two people know about this so far because I texted them after that incident), but I'm not ready to share the entire story yet (also because I hardly remember much except for some horrible flashbacks).

Read more