Breastmilk Supply

It has been a month and i am still yielding 80ml and below. Any recommendations on lactation food/supplements(halal)? Ive latch my LO even after pumping but it is still the same and he wont latch for long - 10mins least.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, I am also first time mom and had difficult time with breast supply for 1st month and need to top up with formula. I tried all ways like taking confinement meal, herbal soup and tea, fenugreek supplement, power pumping etc and felt very upset at that time. I only have sufficient breast milk supply after 6-7 weeks. You may take red date longan tea, fenugreek supplement ( can buy from Watsons, Guardian) and ask GP or your gynae for medicine to increase breast milk (my gynae prescribe domperidone). Please continue to latch and power pump and will be ok soon. Drink more water, eat and rest as much as you can. Dont get yourself stressed. It is ok to top up with formula if needed until your breast supply is sufficient.

Read more

Eating all those is no use. Very important to boost your milk supply - remove your milk frequently. For you at least 8-12 times/day and do power pump at least once/day

baby is two months old and I'm still yielding 80ml and below too. on rare occasions I get 100ml.

3y ago

hey me too! 2 months 1 week. average 80ml. sometimes 60ml. rare times 100ml.

need to drink at least 3litre per day