I'm 6 weeks pregnant but SO stressed up at work.

Had constant headache and couldn't sleep well. I want to resign now but my bonus plus last working day will be 6-10 weeks away. Should I resign now or later? So stressful everyday. Will it affect baby growth for the next 6-10 weeks?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You need to let your boss know that you are pregnant right now.. Then you need to change your mindset, nothing is more important than your baby and your health.. Slow down and stay calm at work.. It is impossible to finish all the work.. It will just become more and more.. I'm 7 weeks right now. Had miscarriage for my 1st pregnancy. So this time round, I tell myself nothing is more important than my physical & mental health. In fact, at a point, I just tell my boss that i can't manage my current workload already. Not really putting much hopes that my workload will be reduced then.. But at least I have informed first.. And must off work on time, dont bring any work back home.

Read more
3y ago

And I take a few days AL every month.. Especially during the 1st trimester, to rest and for my mental health

You should hv annual leave or even MC right? Why don’t use them if you really unwell for work? Do note that if you resign now, you might have issue to find a new job soon perhaps even have to wait for you to deliver. Tbh, there are companies might not want to employ a pregnant person.. If you have not share with your boss about pregnancy, maybe you can share with him/her and let him know that you are really not feeling well and hope he can help you..

Read more
3y ago

even if I took MC or leave i still have to complete my work when I'm back. it will be an accumulation of workload

Don't be stress. Talk with you family members and make a decision .

talk to your boss. im sure they'll understand.. take care